Hope for Justice was delighted to convene the 3rd Anti Trafficking In Persons Policy Leader Roundtable, held in the US Senate on Wednesday. Hope for Justice CEO Tim Nelson FRSA welcomed 40 organizations, 4 Members of Congress and 13 Congressional offices.
Special thanks to Congressman Chris Smith, Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, Senator Marsha Blackburn and Senator Catherine Cortez Masto for their leadership on important anti-trafficking legislation and sharing with the group about their important efforts and how they can get involved in advocacy. We also want to shout out Hon. Tanya Gould and John Richmond U.S. Ambassador (ret.) for their continuing leadership in the anti-trafficking space, and Anne Basham for helping to convene and manage the entire event.
It was an occasion for senior leaders across the United States anti-trafficking movement to strategize about policy and legislation including the REPORT Act, Trafficking Victims Protection Act reauthorization, The Jimmy Deal Act, No Trafficking in School Zones Act, STOP CSAM, and The Trafficking Survivors Relief Act.
It was an honor to be in-person with:
- The A21 Campaign
- ALABASTER JAR PROJECT
- Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST)
- Atlas Free
- Beloved Haven, Inc.
- C-Fam (Center for Family & Human Rights)
- Center to Combat Human Trafficking (CPAC)
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW)
- CPAC, Inc
- Epik Project
- Fight For Us- The Texas 20
- Freedom Business Alliance
- Freedom Network USA
- Hope for Justice
- International Justice Mission
- Love Never Fails Us
- My Life My Choice
- National Trafficking Shelter Alliance
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- No Trafficking Zone
- Polaris (formerly Polaris Project)
- Rain Collective
- Reality of a Desi Girl
- Sanctuary Foundation
- Shared Hope International
- Street Grace
- Tappan Consulting, Inc.
- The Foundation United
- The Human Trafficking Legal Center
- Thistle Farms
- Three Strands Global Foundation
- Tim Tebow Foundation
- Covenant House International
- World Without Exploitation & World Without Exploitation Youth Coalition
- The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
Hope for Justice CEO, Tim Nelson, said after the event: “So grateful that Hope for Justice hosted a gathering of 42 of the largest anti-slavery NGOs in Washington DC today. Thank you so much all of our supporters who have made this possible, on behalf of Hope for Justice and Slave-Free Alliance.”