Welcome to our live prayer page!
Thank you for partnering with us in praying for hope, justice, freedom…
Modern slavery is happening on our doorstep, and we have the privilege of raising our voices in prayer to a God who can do “infinitely more than all we can ask or imagine” (Ephesians 3:20). He loves every single human being. And His message of hope is one that brings FREEDOM. So we ask you to stand with us and pray for freedom – for those trapped in modern slavery, as well as for those who are committing this evil. We also ask you to pray for our teams, working in the UK as well as globally, that we would be equipped and empowered to bring freedom here on earth.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour and the day of vengeance of our God.
We are thankful for these answers to prayer:
- We are so thankful for a recent breakthrough for one of our young adult survivors living in the UK. He had been facing a criminal trial for things he was forced to do during his exploitation. Following extensive advocacy from his solicitors and Hope for Justice, we are delighted that the CPS reviewed his case and agreed to drop all charges against him before the trial started! Please continue to pray for this young person as he moves forward. Please pray for his mental health and that he will be able to access the support he needs to help him process and overcome his experiences.
- Having been praying for improved facilities to support our growing work in Cambodia, we are blessed and thankful to have moved into a larger, better-equipped ‘Lighthouse’ to provide aftercare services for beneficiaries. This means we can increase our support to those who most need our help – starting a journey of freedom for those who have been trapped in modern day slavery and human trafficking.
- We continue to rescue victims and restore lives through our work with a recent survivor in the US, who had been sex trafficked by her partner. Coral* is beginning to recover after she was isolated, held captive by her partner and forced into prostitution. We have been praying for our investigators that they will find more victims who are hidden in plain sight and are therefore difficult to find.
- In the UK we are partnering with ‘It’s a Penalty’ to harness the power of sport to impact human trafficking and modern day slavery. The campaign focuses around the ‘Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games’ featuring ambassadors such as Olympic and World Champion ‘Usain Bolt’ and Paralympic and Commonwealth Champion ‘Ellie Simmonds’ to raise awareness around spotting the signs of exploitation. Please pray with us to help bring the change we want to make including curbing the demand for exploitation and human trafficking, preventing the vulnerable from being victimised and helping the general public to know the signs of abuse, exploitation and human trafficking.
Our current prayer requests:
- Please join us in praying for wisdom and good judgement for our work with Governments both here in the UK and in the US. Current focus is on the reauthorisation of the ‘Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Act’ (TVPRA) in the US. Natalie Grant our co-founder and global ambassador will be helping to raise awareness of this key act as we look to mobilise a response to this legislation which has a bearing on funding for key programme work targeting ending slavery and changing lives. For the latest updates on the TVPRA visit this page.
- Our team in the UK need prayer for a young woman who is finding it difficult to trust people as a result of the trauma she experienced while being trafficked. Her family’s lives are at risk and she is struggling. Please pray for hope for the survivor and that God would place the right people around her to support her. Please also pray for protection for her and her family and opportunities for her as she looks to build a new life away from trafficking.
- There are a number of young adult survivors, who we are working with, who have been waiting many years for decisions on their asylum claims. This has recently been causing them a lot of frustration and anxiety as they are left in limbo about their future. Please play for the decision makers, that their claims will be processed quickly and fairly and will lead to a positive outcome for the survivors.
- Please pray for heavenly resources. We have a number of growth areas where we are expanding our work and we need to cover these new developments in prayer, asking for God’s favour and protection. For example, we are expanding our work with businesses helping them work towards slave-free supply chains both in Australia and the US with newly appointed staff starting new roles in these countries. Please pray that our new staff members will find God’s favour as they start these positions, and for God’s heavenly resources to be poured out enabling us to amplify our work and reach more victims of modern day slavery and human trafficking.
- A young female survivor has sadly relapsed and exited the aftercare provision she began after being rescued from exploitation. We ask that you pray for her safety and protection as she is currently living on the street. Our team in the US is in regular contact with the survivor and her family, keeping them updated. Please pray that the young woman will reconsider and choose to accept the support she needs.
- Please pray for our team to see and act in faith. As we plan the expansion of our programmatic work across our four pillars, Prevention, Rescue, Restore and Reform, our prayers are that we will know God’s heart for what we should focus on and where to develop. Please pray that we will see the Holy Spirit in all that we do, helping to guide our thinking and our planning. Pray that we will position ourselves in God’s plans and purposes for our work and that we will not strive to do things in our own strength but always have our eyes firmly fixed on Him.
Our ongoing prayer points:
- We ask that you pray for our finances and resources. Please pray that God will continue to provide for us as an organisation, that we will have the funds available to do the work we strongly feel we are being called to do, and that heaven’s resources will be available to us as we plan to bring lasting impact in ending slavery and changing lives.
- The good health and wellbeing of our staff, beneficiaries and those we work with is vital to the success of our work. COVID-19 continues to be a challenge affecting our work, whether through the health of our staff or those we care for. Please pray for God’s protection and healing over those affected and for full restoration, especially for those who work in our remote locations.
Join us in prayer:
Hope for Justice holds a weekly online prayer session on Wednesday evenings (UK time). Anyone who wants to pray is welcome to join. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the meeting link.