A guide to Payroll Giving for Employees and Employers
What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving is a scheme run by employers which allows employees to make charitable donations to Hope for Justice (or any charity) tax-free through payroll. Donations will automatically stop when you leave your employer.
How will it help Hope for Justice?
By giving through your salary each payday, you will be helping Hope for Justice continue to rebuild lives together. The fact that we know how much you will donate means that we can plan ahead and make sure your hard-earned cash is put to the best possible use.
What are the benefits of Payroll Giving?
It’s easy to set up.
We don’t need your bank details as the donation will come straight to us from your salary.
3. You’re in Charge
You can change or stop your donation at any time by contacting your payroll department.
How much will my donation cost?
Benefits to Employee
- Easy and convenient – straight from your pay
- Tax effective – it costs less to give more
- Supports Hope for Justice or another charity of your choice
- Flexible – control over how much you want to donate
- Donations only take place when you are employed
- No bank details required
Cost to Employee
- Your donation is tax-free, every £10 deducted costs you £8 if you pay regular tax or just £6 if you pay a higher tax rate.
- Many employers cover all administration costs.
- Employers who don’t, a small transaction fee is donated by your employer’s chosen Payroll Giving Agent (Registered Charity) to process your donation. Usually 25p or 4% per monthly deduction.
Benefits for employer
There are lots of benefits to offering a Payroll Giving scheme for your employees, and every employer in the UK can start a scheme regardless of your size.
- Shows commitment to your employees
- Improves staff morale and motivation
- Supports good causes
- Simple to set up and run
- No fees
- Boosts your CSR profile and public image
- Recognition via Quality Mark Awards
Cost to employer
- There are no setup costs for employers
- Payroll Giving Agencies charge 25p per person donating
- You may choose to cover this fee for your employees otherwise the Agency will deduct it from donations
How do I sign up?
You can sign up by completing this online form.
You will be contacted on behalf of Hope for Justice by a Payroll Giving Agency to set up the payment or, if your employer does not have a Payroll Giving scheme, the agency can assist them in doing this. If you have any further questions, please contact our Partnerships team via email email@example.com