Finance & Administration Director Uganda
Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society. Around the world, we are growing a movement of abolitionists who believe freedom is worth the fight. Our team works from more than 30 locations across five continents. If you’re looking to make a difference, this is the place for the you.
Hope for Justice is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are a global organisation with staff from a wide variety of backgrounds, and ensure through our recruitment processes that we continue to welcome candidates from all walks of life. If you feel that your skills and experience fit one of our advertised roles, and you share our values and mission to end slavery, then we strongly encourage your application regardless of your background.
Hope for Justice in Uganda is looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Director to lead the Uganda Finance and Administration team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing high-level oversight of the finance and administrative operations of Hope for Justice Uganda in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures; ensure that the organization’s financial resources and assets are well managed and adequate for effective implementation of planned programs; provide financial expertise and advice to the Country Director and the Senior Management Team. This role reports to the Country Director and is an integral part of the Senior Management Team. For full details of this role and expectations, you can view and download the full Role Profile (PDF) below:
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing, global non-profit organisation with a well-respected reputation for changing lives and fighting for freedom for those affected by the misery of human trafficking.
- A degree in Accounting or Business Management with a bias in Accounting
- Membership to professional accounting bodies such as ACCA and CPA
- At least 10 years of progressive and professional accounting experience, of which at least 5 years should have been as a head of accounting function in a reputable NGO
- Significant experience of managing Finance and administrative functions for consortium projects funded by USAID, EU and DFID
- Strong communication skills including oral presentation skills, interpersonal and relational skills
- High level of integrity, accountability and responsibility;
- In depth knowledge of accounting software as well as Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications
Closing date: 28th November 2022
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which include criminal records checks, in line with our Global background checks policy.